As you may have seen in one of my previous posts, since I have been living keto style, one of the things I have extremely missed is pizza and breadsticks. The truth is I really like bread ALOT!
I am one of those people that would go to Texas Roadhouse or someplace similar and when the wait staff would come and ask if we were ready for dessert and I would have to say that my definition of delicacy are the rolls slathered in butter!
So I have ventured off to find something that fits that missing piece of my puzzle. I found several versions of what is called Fat Head Pizza Dough and this is my own modified version that I have turned into breadsticks. I also have made it as a pizza crust base.
I recently bought a flat cast iron pizza pan for the intentions of my pizza dough, but has turned into breadsticks most of the time. I haven’t tried it, yet I am sure a cake pan would work very well for breadsticks. Something to make them into a long stick. I just cut mine small so Alyssa can handle them well.
2 TBSP cream cheese
3 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat your pan of choice in oven at 375 degrees.
- Set aside 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Mix the rest of the cheeses and the spices together and microwave for 90 seconds, then stir. If necessary heat for another 15-30 seconds, taking care not to over heat and burn your cheese. (I say this due to each person’s own microwave and area of the world you live in.)
- Knead in the 1/2 cup almond flour. (I don’t really know much about making bread. I LOVED my bread machine. So I sprinkle in a little of the almond flour at a time and fold and fold, until mixed in.)
- Press into (or onto) pan.
- Bake at 375 for 5-7 mins.
- Take the 1 cup mozzarella cheese that was set aside and sprinkle over the top and bake for another 5 mins.
- Let cool for 5 mins and cut in slices.
- Heat pizza sauce in microwave (if desired), use for dipping
If you try this, let me know how it turns out and how you like it! Good luck and happy keto living!